Subject: Re: [ws-tx] Issue 037: incomplete resolution

The resolution to the issue included the removal of the 2
Register/RegisterResponse rows from the 2PC state table. Precisely, the
approved resolution was as described in Alastair's amendment note:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-tx/200606/msg00078.html

In summary:
1. Remove the 2 Register/RegisterResponse rows from the 2PC state tables.
2. Augment the text in section 4.3.1 so that we do not lose any information
as a result of removing these rows. Agreed text:
"Further participants may register with the coordinator until the
coordinator issues a Prepare to any durable participant. Once this has
happened the Registration Service for the coordinator MUST respond to any
further Register request with a Cannot Register Participant fault message".

Can the AT spec editors please ensure this resolution is executed in full.

Regards,
Ian Robinson
STSM, WebSphere Transactions Architect
IBM Hursley Lab, UK

             "Monica J.
             Martin"
             <Monica.Martin@Su                                          To
             n.COM>                    Ram Jeyaraman
             Sent by:                  <Ram.Jeyaraman@microsoft.com>
             Monica.Martin@Sun                                          cc
             .COM                      Alastair Green
                                       <alastair.green@choreology.com>,
                                       ws-tx@lists.oasis-open.org
             10/08/2006 18:00                                      Subject
                                       Re: [ws-tx] Issue 037: incomplete
                                       resolution

>jeyaraman: Yes, the proposed change seems fine.
>
>The CV table row Register, columns { Preparing, PreparedSuccess,
>Committing, Aborting }: Replace "Invalid State" with "Cannot Register
>Participant".
>
>The space delimited form "Cannot Register Participant" is better.

mm1: Do we need to reopen this issue or create another one to address?
Maybe just bring it up on next conference call to expedite change. Thanks.