Subject: RE: [ws-tx] Re: Issue 114 - Links to schema in WSDL files incorrect

Ram,
The CS version of the WS-Coordinatoin spec removed (I just checked) those reference in its resolution to issue 113. It now states:

Dereferencing the XML namespace defined in section 1.5 will produce the Resource Directory Description Language (RDDL) [RDDL] document that describes this namespace, including the XML schema  [XML-Schema1][XML-Schema2] and WSDL [WSDL] declarations associated with this specification.

So the spec contents should not need to change.

The RDDL document will be updated to point to the new WSDLs so the spec iteslf does not need to change.
The requirement (originating from the OASIS TC admin, who have the write access to the OOLibrary) for versioning the names of the WSDL and XSD files was discussed at the Jan F2F and we resolved issue 113 the way we did to accomodate this, following the pattern used by other TCs (such as WS-RX).

Regards,
Ian Robinson

Ram Jeyaraman <Ram.Jeyaraman@microsoft.com>

07/02/2007 19:53

Ian Robinson/UK/IBM@IBMGB
cc
"ws-tx@lists.oasis-open.org" <ws-tx@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
RE: [ws-tx] Re: Issue 114 - Links to schema in WSDL files incorrect

Ian,

The WS-Coordination specification has a reference to

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-tx/wscoor/2006/06/wscoor.xsd
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-tx/wscoor/2006/06/wscoor.wsdl

which needs to be changed as well.

I am wondering if we can revert back to using the names we had used before (such as, wscoor.xsd) to avoid this whole issue. Would OASIS staff be open to that?

I am not sure what the benefits of using a versioned file name is, particularly since we are about to complete work, and we have not used such version information in the past for the WSDL/XSD files.

Thanks.