Subject: Web Services Transaction v1.1 has been submitted for consideration as anOASIS standard.

Following the successful conclusion of the committee spec ballot last week, the CS spec materials have been produced by the editors and the OS (OASIS standard) package has been submitted to the TC admin. The package will be validated for completeness by the TC Admin between now and the end of the month. All being well, the TC Admin will send the package to the wider OASIS membership for their consideration on March 1st. Two weeks after that the membership ballot will begin and will run until the end of March. If it is successful we will have an OASIS open standard dated....April 1st. Oh well.

We're not quite there but we are close. The Englishman in me is afraid to get excited (a) because it would actually cause something to go wrong and (b) because its not English to get excited about anything unless Australia have been humiliated at cricket. Which, of course, they were last week. Anway, well done everybody for getting this far. And fingers crossed.

Regards,
Ian Robinson

Unless stated otherwise above:

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature