wsbpel-abstract message

Subject: RE: [wsbpel-abstract] where is the dividing line?

Title: Message
So the real debate is what features are in execbpel, and which are excluded and added to absBpel.
And can we define a sensible set of features for absBpel to support the use cases that doesn't create a monster.

Martin.

-----Original Message-----
From: Prasad Yendluri [mailto:pyendluri@webmethods.com]
Sent: 14 June 2004 23:50
To: Rossomando, Philip
Cc: wsbpel-abstract@lists.oasis-open.org

Phil,

I went back and reviewed the discussions and I am in agreement with SAP (Ivana) and Satish etc.
If we agree on the nature of the beast and the users of one, the details of  what we would take out
of executable bpel or what we would add to abstract BPEL that would not be part of executable
one etc. can be worked on.

I was trying to address the first part in my note (esp. the demarcation aspect).
The use cases you enumerated later do seem to capture the typical uses. All three
are good though I am mainly concerned with 1 and 2 (like Ugo).

Regards, Prasad

Rossomando, Philip wrote:

Prasad:

You can’t hide. J That is the problem as Martin was saying we have different

Users. In a later posted not I identified three. Each can expect to see something

Different as far as what is visible. Ok, let’s say you are at the SAP level in my

Previous email and you want to distinguish that level from executable bpel.

What would you drop out of executable bpel to achieve the SAP level?

Phil

PS. Only 2 Yen?

Phil Rossomando

Research Director, Technology & Architecture

Unisys Corporation

Unisys Way, B-330

Blue Bell, PA 19424 USA

Philip.rossomando@unisys.com