wsbpel-abstract message

Subject: Re: [wsbpel-abstract] Modification of Sally's document from Tony

Tony Fletcher wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> I have just added my thoughts for requirements on Abstract BPEL at the
> end of Sally's document

mm1: Tony, when you indicate you could go from a messaging sequence
diagram to an abstract process, this is only related to the view of the
party correct? You also indicated in your paper that the abstract
process would allow hiding. Reference:

<<<It must be possible to have an abstract BPEL process that only uses
some, or none, of the optional language features.  An abstract BPEL
process designer is able to add or omit detail as they please, limited
only by the features of the language.>>>

Are we to infer then that we have a minimum set of core mandatory
language features in the abstract process? Would that assist us in
helping to ensure conformance (not compliance) [1] and/or compatibility
with the executable process?

One more point, on your target audience, I am uncertain if a business
process expert would be involved with abstract BPEL. The target
audience, I believe begins with the architects you listed.

[1] Loaded term with implications for software