wsbpel-abstract message

Subject: RE: [wsbpel-abstract] Question

John, Phil,

The contents of a BPMN Process within a Pool (e.g., Task, Event, Gateway) will map to various BPEL4WS activities (e.g, invoke, receive, switch), depending on their configuration, as defined in the BPMN spec. If there is more than one Pool in the diagram, there would be just as many BPEL4WS Processes.
As John said, any Lanes within a Pool do not have a corresponding BPEL4WS element. The elements that are distributed across the BPMN Lanes would not be distinguishable as activities within the BPEL4WS Process, except, perhaps, through a naming convention or documentation.

-Steve
Stephen A. White, Ph.D.
BPM Architect
WebSphere Business Integration Strategy and  Architecture
Software Group
714-438-5590
wstephe@us.ibm.com

Hi Phil,

I assume you are working with BPMN.  According to the BPMN spec (see
Section 6 for BPEL mappings), Id, Pool, Lanes, Categories, and
Documentation objects do not map to any BPEL4WS elements or attributes.
You can download the BPMN spec at
http://www.bpmn.org.

HTH,

John