wsbpel-abstract message

Subject: RE: [wsbpel-abstract] RE: Strawman for discussion

Nick,

Regarding abstract usage patterns: Indeed, we did not have a more thorough discussion about "Protocol Matching Pattern" but it points another relationship between either two abstract processes or an abstract process and an executable process out.

Regarding opaque activity and issue 99: please see my previous email sent to you (and the group).

Regards,

Ivana
-----Original Message-----
From: Nickolas Kavantzas [mailto:nickolas.kavantzas@oracle.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 26. August 2004 21:43
To: wsbpel-abstract@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Trickovic, Ivana; 'Satish Thatte'; Rania Khalaf

Some things of interest to add for clarity:

-One of the points, was in a thread with Rania, myself and Satish:
There are only two patterns:
    a) ExecProc--to-->AbsProc
    b) AbsProc--to-->ExecProc

-Another point was that opq-activities (one type of the opaque placeholder feature) are useful for all the patterns
and should not be focused just on templates. An example that was given was using opq-activities for resolving Issue99.

-Rania provided an excellent analysis of the continuum of opaque placeholders for all the patterns (I guess Rania you can
work as a consultant in NYC ;->) that is maybe of interest to all of us.

Since it is kind of difficult to replicate all the arguments here it may be useful to forward the
relevant discussion threads to the list as context. What do you guys think?

--
Nick

"Trickovic, Ivana" wrote:

Satish,

Thanks a lot for the summary. There are still some open issues (as you also emphasized in the document) but I do believe we made great progress. I find the three abstract usage patterns really useful (instead of discussing concrete use cases).

Regards,
Ivana