wsbpel-chair message

Subject: B.J. Fesq Requests Membership in Web Services Business Process Execution Language TC

B.J. Fesq of Individual wishes to join Web Services Business Process Execution Language TC. He or she is eligible for membership based on membership rules for this group.

Please visit http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/manage/pending_request.php to evaluate this request and to see all of the other pending requests to join this group.

Additional information entered by B.J. Fesq in support of his/her application:

Hello,

I am a Senior Technology Director at Standard and Poors (S&P), where we are investing in BPM technology and developing a strategy for offering process-level services over the internet.

I'm an active participant in the Java Community Process (JCP), most recently serving on the JSR-151 Expert Group since 2001.  As part of the governing body for the J2EE 1.4 specification, I have been actively helping to shape the integration of XML and Web Services technologies in the next release of the Enterprise Java platform.  The specification is now in public final draft, expecting ratification this summer.

I speak at a variety of technology conferences, for example this summer I will be presenting at Java One 2003 in San Francisco, this fall at WS-I WAOGAO.  I am also a contributing author for a number of industry leading publications devoted to J2EE, XML, EAI, and Web Services.  Recent articles on JavaWorld.com, TheServerSide.com, JDJ, XML Journal, others.  I used to write a regular column in "New Architect" magazine.

Previously served as Chief Technical Architect of the Equity Derivates Group at JP Morgan Chase (1996-2003), where I led the development effort for dozens of projects ranging from real-time, front office trading systems, to financial services middleware, to highly scalable back-office risk management systems.  I have over a decade of full life-cycle software development experience and expert hands-on skills with many current technologies - J2EE, XML, Web Services, C++, Messaging, EAI, BPM.  Several of my higher profile projects were the subject of articles (by other authors) in publications such as PC Magazine (2001) and Wall Street & Technology (2002).

I also have a great deal of experience driving the adoption of software process methodologies, particularly RUP.  I helped to define, evangelize, and implement "Greenbook" (Chase's process) and four of my Chase projects were each three-times certified CMM level 2 - one was CMM level 3.  I am currently preparing the Structured Finance Group at S&P to undertake CMM certification this fall.

I have a genuine interest in Business Process Management and related technologies.  I feel that the breadth and depth of my background would provide real-world context and valuable contributions to the standardization efforts of this TC and the larger community of OASIS observers and participants.

Thanks for your consideration.

B.J.

--
Thank you,