wsbpel-comment message

Subject: Re: [wsbpel-comment] auctionService.wsdl example does not validate

> I also encountered several errors when trying to validate
> auctionService.bpel
> 	- variableAccessSerializable is an unexpected attribute
> 	  on <process>
> 	- ars:RegistrationService does not satisfy the QName
> 	  type (should be as:RegistrationService, but this
> 	  element is not defined in as)
> 	- 3 x toPartnerLink is an unexpected attribute of <to>
> 	- variable is an unexpected attribute of <to>
>
> The (unexpected) variable attribute of <to> also appears in
> loanApproval.bpel, I haven't checked any other examples.
The third and fourth error are due to a bug in JAXB, meaning the BPEL
examples are correct with respect to <to>'s partnerLink and variable
attributes.  Apparently JAXB doesn't implement the erratum
http://www.w3.org/2001/05/xmlschema-errata#e0-21 .

So, to sum it up, for validity according to the schemas
- always make plnk:partnerLinkType and bpws:property* definitions
  (and any other WSDL extensions for that matter) the first children
  of their parent (in this case <definitions>),
- change the BPEL schema to allow variableAccessSerializable on
  <process>, or change the auctionService example by moving v.A.S.
  to a <scope>,
- change ars:RegistrationService to as:RegistrationService (and add
  a RegistrationService definition to auctionService.wsdl).

Thanks,
Thomas