wsbpel-implement message

Subject: RE: [wsbpel-implement] Fault tolerance considerations

Rania, you say:

> BPEL itself stays explictly away from binding/deployment information.
> They should have no bearing at all on the process model. If
> they do you, you're mixing up your WS layers.

I think that BPEL designers will choose between synchronous or asynchronous interaction modes based on the expected bindings used. It's unlikely, for instance, that designers will choose a synchronous mode when the expected binding is to a protocol whose timeout interval is longer than the time required by the interaction. So, like it or not, the bindings do have bearing on the chosen process model.

Ugo