wsbpel-implement message

Subject: Re: [wsbpel-implement] Portability and Interoperability Testing

Hi Edwin,

The proposal for the open environment has been discussed and was
supposed to start at the last F2F, but no one brought an engine except
for me and Rajesh - but Rajesh had to leave early :(    The Collaxa
playground sounds great; the BPWS4J engine has been available for free
download online since '02. However, for this stuff that doesn't really
help:

There was concern expressed multiple times in the TC that people
specifically did not want to have other people run processes on their
engines, and that they wanted to test the proposed processes on their
engines before bringing them in. So the agreement in order to encourage
participation was for informal trials at  the TC face to face meetings
to have the open trials, and use the mailing list to keep going. The
idea was to meet and run the same processes on our own engines that we
bring, and run different processes that interact with each other such
that each is on a separate contributor's engine. Specifically, people
didn't want other people running processes they weren't aware of on
their engines without them being in control. It was agreed to do this to
keep the friendly environment and tone down competitiveness, and to
address concerns regarding contamination and IP. We could discuss there;
people don't have to provide product level implementation; we could
adapt the processes  or engines if we like.

Note that for BPWS4J we're in the process of updating to a newer version
which I am able to bring to the TC meetings but can't provide online as
yet.

I hope more people join next time!! If you have the Collaxa engine, why
don't you bring it to the next F2F?? Any other volunteers? Rajesh are
you up for this again? :) We have a preliminary set of examples online.
I think the services deployed in the third party server might have gone
down but I'm sure I can revive them.

Rania