wsbpel-implement message

Subject: summary of last call and a few things since

Hi all,

I didn't get a chance to summarize our discussion at the full TC call
since the IP discussion drove it into overtime and I had to drop off :(

I thought I'd summarize to this list before I forget what happened ;)
and see whether you guys agree.
status:
-A few people tried the samples except the simple interop (echo) one. It
went smoothly, but a few errors were pointed out that led to some
interesting discussions.
-We would like to get samples that address some of the issues from main
TC, and are looking for people to volunteer to submit samples to us that
represent these issues so we can do some test runs and open a discussion
on the behaviors.
-Discussions from the simple samples:
    -discussion on static analysis. To what level does one check? One
engine may reject a process as invalid, while another more forgiving one
won't catch the errors till runtime. Examples: error in the string in an
xpath, is a fault actually defined, etc.
    -discussion on faults and in particular communication faults and
runtime faults. are they caught by catchAll. The conversation leaned
towards don't catch runtime faults, but consider catching communication
faults. Another questions was regarding notification of partners on
process failure due to a runtime error? favorite fault here? Ivana sent
mail summarizing.
    -The bpws prefix should be defined separately and probably also add
a prefixes section at the beginning of the spec, contrary to what is
said in issue 102. The samples in the spec also need to define it. Chris
Keller will send mail to the TC, and someone (I don't remember whom) was
going to open an issue to the main list.

Tks,
Rania