wsbpel-liaisons message

Subject: liaison proposal with CEFACT BPWG BCF effort

Hi Karl,
I've a policy question that I'd like to get your input on.  Some members of the WS BPEL TC are interested in establishing a liaison with the BCF effort at CEFACT.   We had a call with the chair of that group the other day to discuss possiblities.  To avoid a potential conflict of interest, he proposed that each group get a volunteer from the current members of our groups who is not an active member of the other group to act as liaison.  This person would then join the other group exclusively to act as liaison rather than to participate - I think this would equate to observer in Oasis membership terms.  So, one of the BCF people would join us as an observer and would report back to BCF on our activities and vice versa.

We plan to propose the liaison to the TC to establish a communication path but beforehand I wanted to check that the way of establishing the liaison role is ok.

Thanks.
Regards, Diane
IBM  Dynamic e-business Technologies
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123