wsbpel-liaisons message

Subject: Re: liaison proposal with CEFACT BPWG BCF effort

Diane:

The way that we encourgae liaisons to work is for the TC to select a
person who is eligible to participate on both sides. What you're
suggesting sounds similar to that. By "observer" I assume that you mean
someone who is eligible to participate at OASIS.

Please read through the OASIS Liaison Policy at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/liaison_policy.php

-Karl

Diane Jordan wrote:

> Hi Karl,
> I've a policy question that I'd like to get your input on.  Some members
> of the WS BPEL TC are interested in establishing a liaison with the BCF
> effort at CEFACT.   We had a call with the chair of that group the other
> day to discuss possiblities.  To avoid a potential conflict of interest,
> he proposed that each group get a volunteer from the current members of
> our groups who is not an active member of the other group to act as
> liaison.  This person would then join the other group exclusively to act
> as liaison rather than to participate - I think this would equate to
> observer in Oasis membership terms.  So, one of the BCF people would
> join us as an observer and would report back to BCF on our activities
> and vice versa.
>
> We plan to propose the liaison to the TC to establish a communication
> path but beforehand I wanted to check that the way of establishing the
> liaison role is ok.
>
> Thanks.
> Regards, Diane
> IBM  Dynamic e-business Technologies
> drj@us.ibm.com
> (919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123

Karl F. Best
Vice President, OASIS
office  +1 978.667.5115 x206     mobile +1 978.761.1648
karl.best@oasis-open.org      http://www.oasis-open.org