wsbpel-liaisons message

Subject: Fw: BPEL liaison approved

fyi

Regards, Diane
IBM  Dynamic e-business Technologies
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123

----- Forwarded by Diane Jordan/Raleigh/IBM on 10/31/2003 02:11 PM -----

"David RR Webber" <david@drrw.info>
10/30/2003 10:39 PM

        To:     "BCM OASIS" <bcm@lists.oasis-open.org>
        cc:     Diane Jordan/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
        Subject:        BPEL liaison approved

More news this week.  I attended the BPEL TC conference call
yesterday.

I proposed that the BPEL TC should formally have an official liaison
with the BCM TC.  This was seconded, and voted on and passed.

The next step now is to appoint some folks to work as
liaison with BPEL and us.  I left it that we would discuss
this and then return to the next BPEL conference call meeting
and propose some people to do this.

Here's a quick note from Diane Jordon on the responsibilities:

> We move to establish a liaison with the OASIS BCM TC to
> 1) enable a communications path between the groups
> 2) provide a focal point for monitoring status and planning any possible

> joint activities.
>
> The WS BPEL TC member to be named by the TC and selected by vote of the
TC
> will
> 1) act as the liaison and communicate to the TC the status of the
ongoing
> interactions with the OASIS BCM TC via the Minutes Document as well
> as reports during the Conference Call.
>
> 2) Will bring motions to the TC as appropriate regarding any specific
> action the TC may wish to take relative to this liaison.
>
> 3) Ensure that the cross committee interactions conform to the OASIS
> Liaison Policy.
>
> We will select a volunteer to act as liaison separately.

So - folks - if you would like to nominate someone, or yourself - please
let Bruce know - and we can discuss this at the next BCM conference
call.  My suggestion is that we designate a couple of people to make
it easier to ensure we always have someone able to cover the
BPEL meetings for us.  Obviously they would then rotate the
responsibilities - so we only have one person responsible to do
the reporting each time!

Thanks, DW.