wsbpel-primer message

Subject: Re: [wsbpel-primer] WS-BPEL 2.0 Primer Revision 0.6

Hi Alex, thanks for the feedback and the good slides.

I uploaded a new revision 07 with a quick fix in 4.1. (removing the
abstractProcess option) and a new section 2.3. (created from your input).

As we do parallel editing here, my proposal (to be discussed today) would
be that major revisions are stored in CVS. From time to time, we could
assign one editor for collecting and merging updates into the base CVS
document, which will then be redistributed in order to continue editing.

Kind Regards
DK

 Dieter König                                Mail: dieterkoenig@de.ibm.com         IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH

 Senior Technical Staff Member               Tel (office): (+49) 7031-16-3426      Schönaicher Strasse 220

 Architect, Business Process Choreographer   Fax (office): (+49) 7031-16-4890      71032 Böblingen

 Member, Technical Expert Council            Tel (home office): (+49) 7032-201464  Germany

             Alex Yiu
             <alex.yiu@oracle.
                                       Dieter Koenig1/Germany/IBM@IBMDE
             12.09.2006 20:46                                           cc
                                       wsbpel-primer@lists.oasis-open.org,
                                       Alex Yiu <alex.yiu@oracle.com>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [wsbpel-primer] WS-BPEL 2.0
                                       Primer Revision 0.6

Hi, Dieter,

Thanks for sending the doc. Few items I would like to mention:

(a)
Where do we want to store for this document? (i.e. where is our
repository?)
OASIS website? or sourceforge CVS? (either way I don't have a strong
opinion)
Also, do we want to keep a brief change log?

(b)
Since we don't have a "What's new in WS-BPEL 2.0" section in the main spec,
we may want to add such a section in this primer?

One of our JDeveloper product manager wants to make an external
presentation on IDE and BPEL support. He asked me the similar question -
"What's new in WS-BPEL 2.0". I prepared a slide for him (attached). I guess
that can be served as the base of this What's new in WS-BPEL 2.0" section.

(c)
Some of content so far in primer is based on BPEL 1.1, not BPEL 2.0.
For example:
---------------------
One for describing business protocols (abstractProcess="yes"), one for
describing executable processes (abstractProcess="no").
---------------------
I guess we want to fix those things first before adding other signficant
content?

Thanks!

Regards,
Alex Yiu

Dieter Koenig1 wrote:

      For the WS-BPEL Primer call tomorrow, I attached an updated version
      of the
      WS-BPEL 2.0 Primer to this mail and propose that we use this document
      as
      the new base for further editing.

      Note that the attached file is **NOT** a direct continuation of the
      existing document, so we need to discuss whether this is acceptable
      for all
      editors.
      (See attached file: wsbpel-primer-draft-06.doc)

      Update history:
       - Created a new "doc" file from the WS-BPEL 2.0 *specification* in
      order
      to reuse the template and styles from the spec
       - Copied all contents of "wsbpel-primer-draft-05.rtf" into
      "wsbpel-primer-draft-06.doc"
       - Reassigned ALL styles (this drastically reduced the number of
      styles
      compared with the original "rtf" document)
       - Moved Thomas Erl's text into a temporary appendix chapter (source
      for
      further reuse)
       - Moved contents of chapter 2 into section 1.1 (this is too small to
      become a chapter by itself -- all following chapter numbers decreased
      by 1)
       - Copied text for the "Getting Started" chapter (which Simon and I
      prepared earlier) into the document (now chapter 4)
       - Deleted original "Notices" section and reused the "Notices"
      section from
      the specification (now at the start of the document)
       - Added a placeholder as section 1.5 which explains the structure of
      the
      document

      If this document is a new acceptable base then we can continue
      editing with
      this new base. As for the spec itself, I would urge all editors to
      minimize
      the number of styles to the absolute minimum and reuse what is
      already
      there (heading styles H1-H3, example style etc.).

      Kind Regards
      DK

       Dieter König                                Mail:
      dieterkoenig@de.ibm.com         IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH

       Senior Technical Staff Member               Tel (office): (+49)
      7031-16-3426      Schönaicher Strasse 220

       Architect, Business Process Choreographer   Fax (office): (+49)
      7031-16-4890      71032 Böblingen

       Member, Technical Expert Council            Tel (home office): (+49)
      7032-201464  Germany

[attachment "new_in_bpel_20.ppt" deleted by Dieter Koenig1/Germany/IBM]