OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

wsbpel-reqts message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Notes from WS BPEL issues coordination call Aug 27

Here are my notes from the call today.  I've also uploaded them in a document on our web site.   Let me know if you see anything I missed/misinterpreted.

Participants: Diane Jordan, Monica Martin, Peter Furniss, Robert Carpenter, Bob Haugen
Proposed issues for Sept 3. Agenda:
- Follow up on Issue 11 – we want to decide the direction for solution.  There hasn’t been much email traffic on this since last week’s meeting.   It may mean there are too many folks on vacation this week – if so, we’ll defer decision from the TC call on 9/3 to a web ballot to allow everyone enough review time.
- Issue 23:  we’re supposed to get proposed rewording from Kartha/Bernd this week for review prior to the call next week.  I will send a reminder.
- Issue 42: Sid’s request to cover formalism will be on the agenda if the authors are back and ready to discuss.  Otherwise we'll defer.
- Issues 25 and 52 have had active email traffic – I will ask appropriate folks to provide summary/proposed solution if possible.  It was noted that for issue 52, we might need to have a decision on what the real question is.
- One of the Choreology team may give a short overview of the new BTM related issues that have been opened and the connections to the existing issues as a “send ahead” for the proposed discussion at the f2f.

F2F agenda:
- This is the early thinking from John and I on the f2f agenda.  I’ve added times but only as examples to help solidify our thinking – they are open to discussion:
- Day 1  
   1- 1:30 Intro/admin
   1:30-3:30  Use cases
   3:30 – 5:30 Authors review goals document
- Day 2
   8:30 – 10:00 Choreology team reviews BTM paper
   10:00 – 12:00  issues related to BTM paper (new and existing)
   1:00 – 2:00 Wrap up on BTM/related issues
   2:00 – 3:30  Issues related to another major topic (eg, Correlation)
   4:00 – 5:30 Issues related to another major topic (eg  compensation if not already covered in context of btm discussion or others)
   Evening “BoF”’s may be arranged if desired
- Day 3
   8:30 – 9:00 Update from spec editing team  
   9:00 – 10:00 Update from liaisons: WS Choreography and CEFACT BPWG  
   10:00 - 11:00 Discuss work plan and milestones
   11:00 – 12:00  Wrap up – summary, actions items, etc.  
- Additional topics we may want to include:
   Implementations – topics of interest led by those involved in implementing  

Action items for this team:
- Peter/others on the Choreology team will go through existing issues and identify those they see as linked to the btm paper and discussion prior to the f2f (maybe by next week?).  
- We will all review the categorization views (Monica’s document shows both her input and some of the authors’ ) and our opinions on the email levels for the associated issues and see if we can come up with suggestions for 1-2 other categories and the issues associated with them that may be good for discussion at the f2f.  If these are available by Friday, I will include them in the agenda for next week’s TC call – otherwise, we’ll bring them up however seems best – if possible by email before the call otherwise in real time on the call.  
- Diane will contact those in the lead on issues proposed for the Sept. 3.
- Diane will start to contact those who may be part of the f2f agenda to determine their availability and willingness (eg, liaisons, spec editing team, …)

Additional discussion
Questions came up regarding the the Choreology paper that are likely to be raised by others on the TC as well.  Appropriate IP statements would be provided in accordance with Oasis policy.  The paper is being presented as a reference document rather than a normative one.  There is a consideration that the BPEL spec should make reference to functionality rather than other specs that may or may not be normative and/or widely adopted.

Regards, Diane
IBM  Dynamic e-business Technologies
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]