wsbpel-reqts message

Subject: Re: [wsbpel-reqts] [bpel-rqmts[ Jordan 8/29/2003: Issues Categories forDiscussion Boundaries

Monica,
I didn't get a chance to respond on Friday - thanks for your work on this.   I think we're in agreement that functional categorization is the way to go.  As we discussed a couple weeks ago, any attempt to set priorities is likely to be too subjective and lead to unproductive controversy.  The priorities will become evident by virtue of the amount of effort the TC is willing to expend on any given issue.

I expect we (John and I with the help of the issues coordination subgroup) will use the input on categories for organizing agendas.   You use the term "bound"  below which can imply setting constraints on bringing up issues that are viewed as related in a way not reflected in your document.   I'm concerned that if we try to impose that much rigor around categories it will lead the TC down a path of working to refine the categorization rather than working on resolving the issues.   Perhaps I'm being too particular about the language here, but I would prefer to use a term like "orient" or "organize" and avoid presenting the categorization as normative.

I've put categorization on the agenda for tomorrow - you may want to post the document to the full group.

Regards, Diane
IBM  Dynamic e-business Technologies
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123

Monica Martin <monica.martin@sun.com>

08/29/2003 01:54 PM