wsbpel-reqts message

Subject: Fw: BPEL TC issues coordination call Sept 24 11am eastern

Danny's thoughts on voting below.

Regards, Diane
IBM  Dynamic e-business Technologies
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123

----- Forwarded by Diane Jordan/Raleigh/IBM on 09/24/2003 10:00 AM -----
Danny van der Rijn <dannyv@tibco.com>

09/23/2003 11:11 PM

        To:        Diane Jordan/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
        cc:        wsbpel-reqts@lists.oasis-open.org

can't be there, but my opinion is to go with the process as agreed and voted
upon -

propose a block motion and see if any of the items need to be discussed
separately ("will anyone not vote yes on any of these?  if so, please state
which ones, but HOLD DISCUSSION of why for now").  if not, put the block
motion up for vote.  if so, split out anything that needs discussion, and
put the remains of the block up for vote.  that will get the majority of
them to vote quickly.  if there is quorum on the call, then the vote can be
by acclaim and shouldn't take any time, since they are all now
non-controversial.  take the remaining, allow some short discussion, and
when it seems likely that they'll pass, ask for a motion and put them on
kavi.

i have no objection to using kavi instead of an acclaim vote, but having
done that amount of screening, the acclaim vote should be a no-brainer.

danny