wsbpel-reqts message

Subject: RE: [wsbpel-reqts] notes from BPEL TC issues coordination call Sept 24 11am eastern

Thanks for all the suggestions on my question.  It was focused on the
special case of voting after there is some consensus that we should vote
on an issue - ie, the discussion has happened, either in email or meetings
and a proposed resolution has been put forward, discussed and things seem
to be settled.  This is the case for a number of issues we discussed at
the f2f and wanted to vote on but couldn't because of quorum.   The
challenge is getting to a vote without revisiting the entire discussion.

After much discussion about the more general process, we concluded that we
should try to give a heads up to the TC in advance when we know a vote
will be coming up either at a meeting or via web.  It was suggested that
the proposed solution should be resent at least a couple days before a
vote with the subject:  "Issue x - Proposal to vote".   This will give
those who are behind in email a warning to put particular focus on that
issue.  We will discuss this at the TC call next week.

For the ones we agreed were ready for a vote at the f2f , I will send a
note  today saying we plan to vote on the call next week.   If there are
objections, we will defer them to a vote via web ballot  which will be
started immediately after the call (because I do not trust my ears to do a
voice vote on the phone call).   Oasis process calls for these to be open
at least 7 days.  I think these are:  20, 7, 46, 32, 41, 47 and possibly
25 and 8 (my notes are not clear).    I've not seen the follow up notes
with the written proposed resolutons that I asked for for all of these yet
and will only try to cover those that have such notes by monday.   Again,
I'm hoping we can do this without rehashing the discussion from last week
on each one.

In addition on the issues coordination call, we discussed possible issues
for the agenda next week.  Yaron suggested 18.  I will see if Assaf wants
to do the group that we deferred from the agenda last week - 26, 28 29,
31.   Also,in the past few days  there has been a lot of mail which seemed
to be leading toward a solution on 36 so we may want to discuss that.  Let
John and I know if you have any other suggestions.

Regards, Diane
IBM  Dynamic e-business Technologies
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123

Rand Anderson <randerson@macgregor.com>
09/25/2003 09:36 PM