wsbpel-reqts message

Subject: Issues coordination call

Monica Martin, Peter Furniss and Yaron Goland attended the issue
coordination call today.  Notes from our discussion:
- agenda for next week's conf call will include those issues proposed for
vote (2, 27, 36, 46, 47 at present) and issue 3 which Satish has started a
discussion thread around.  This may be more than enough for one call but
we'd also like to make progress on issue 72.   We will include an indepth
discussion of that issue at the end of the agenda next week so that those
who are interested in participating can stay on to discuss and others may
drop off if they so desire.
- Peter volunteered to act as champion for 72 and will prepare strawman
wording for review.
- There was some discussion about whether a person's opinions on an issue
should disqualify them as champions.  I proposed that they should not as
the rest of the TC will be involved in the discussion and in reviewing any
proposed solutions.  The members have shown themselves to be sufficiently
outspoken to assure balance.
- Issue 23 is being voted by web ballot and closes today.  The number of
parties voting is less than quorum.  I will check on the Oasis rules for
this and if it fails to be a valid vote, we will vote on it next week.
- Web ballots will only be used as a back up measure when we are unable to
have a consensus decision made by acclamation following all reasonable
efforts to reach agreement.   (Issue 23 is an exception to this based on
discussion in previous meetings).

Regards, Diane
IBM  Dynamic e-business Technologies
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123