wsbpel-reqts message

Subject: Issues coordination call Nov. 19

Notes from our discussion Wed:
- Agenda items for next week:
Issue 72 will be voted on.
Issue 74 may be voted if a proposal is submitted in time.
Issues 77 and 75 have had some email traffic over the past week or so and
may be ready for discussion and/or proposals.  I will check with Ugo and
Yaron who have been active on those threads.
Issue 85 which was recently opened included a proposal.  I'll check with
Dieter Koenig who originated it.

- Face to face agenda:
We'd like a moderator for each major category we will be discussing.  The
role of this person would be to frame the discussion, drawing out the
interrelationships between the individual issues, summarizing the
discussion and conclusions for the TC (we'll try to schedule times to do
this for those calling in) and helping with follow up activities.   I've
put the names of folks we considered as possibilities for the two largest
groups in () belos and will contact them to see if they agree.

The proposed categories and related issues for the f2f are:
1. Coordination between processes (Satish Thatte).  Including  Issues 2,
16, 30, 53-59, 10, 37, 78, 81, 25 and the multi-start thread of email that
was active on Oct.  (I will go back to those involved in that and see if
an issue should be opened).
The scenarios being drafted by the implementation subgroup and a usecase
Monica and Sid are developing might provide insight on this topic.  We
decided to put these on the f2f agenda before discussing this category.

2. Correlation (left over from Sept. f2f) (Assaf Arkin, Bernd Eckenfels or
Edwin Khodabakchian) including 8, 26, 28, 29, 31, 33, 37 and 44.

3. Error handling and compensation (leftover from Sept f2f) including 1,
25, 30.

4. WSDL, XML and related issues (l.o. from Sept.): 11, 15

5. Event handler issues (l.o. from Sept): 43

If you have any ideas for further categories or whether additional issues
for these (especially those above 62 that were opened since Sept) please
suggest them.

- Sid brought up the question of issues related to BPEL that may be under
discussion in other venues.  Some of these relate to BPEL's relationship
to other technologies and others to limitations and/or possible future
directions for BPEL.  We agreed that  issues the TC should address should
be added to our issues list.  The TC can then discuss and determine a
resolution which may be that it is out of scope, or should be addressed
after V1.  I've checked with Carol Geyer, the OASIS PR director.
Communication on such issues (or anything) on behalf of the TC  would need
the support of the TC and would need to conform to OASIS policies.
Generally OASIS expects the chairs to be spokespersons for the TC.
Individuals are always able to speak on behalf of themselves or their
companies.   Any statements that include a reference to OASIS or work in a
TC should be reviewed with Carol.

Regards, Diane
IBM  Dynamic e-business Technologies
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123