wsbpel-reqts message

Subject: issue coordination call May 19

Yaron, Peter and I participated in the call today.

We discussed the following for the agenda for next week:
- vote on 37 unless some progress is apparent among those who volunteered to provide further analysis and a possible alternative.
- issue 34
- defer vote on 107 pending progress in the group working on abstract processes.  Will ask Phil for a report.
- proposal on 103:  this hasn't been formally proposed for voting yet, but may be discussed.  Yaron has had some out of band email with Alex where he provided some suggestions that he thinks will be required in the final proposal.
 - issue 75 white paper
- Yaron is planning to send 2-3 proposals to vote by Fri which will be on the agenda.

For the next f2f, we discussed just starting at the first issue and going through the issues.   However, I thought the category approach was useful last time.  I propose to  select some of the more active/complex issues and lead with them (assuming there are folks willing to help drive the discussion) and include discussion on others in the same category.  Abstract process might be a good one to lead with if  - hopefully there will be some progress.  These are still early thoughts, so let me know any other ideas.

We didn't discuss options for handling votes if there is no quorum at the f2f today.  I will get a list of suggestions together for discussion on the next issues call and the June 9 TC call.

Regards, Diane
IBM  Dynamic e-business Technologies
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123