Subject: Fw: Editorial changes for issues 39, 46, 7.

I just committed these changes.

Paco
----- Forwarded by Francisco Curbera/Watson/IBM on 11/17/2003 03:27 PM
-----

                      Francisco Curbera
                                               To:       wsbpel-spec-edit@lists.oasis-open.org
                      11/12/2003 10:46         cc:
                      PM                       From:     Francisco Curbera/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
                                               Subject:  Editorial changes for issues 39, 46, 7.

These are the changes I am planning to make to the spec to incorporate the
resolutions of issues 39, 46, and 7.  Please take a look at them; if we
agree I will commit the updates - I will also need to generate a new table
of contents.

Issues 39 and 46
=============

In addition to modifying the examples in Section 8.2 and 16.1.2, I am
planning to add the text below explaining how to XPath 1.0 queries should
be formed in the cases when message parts are described by elements or
types. There is a question of where this text goes. Currently, Section 8.2
(Defining Properties) points to the section on "Assignment" for details.
There are two sections with that title, 9.3 and 14.3, and the description
of "query" appears in the later, since it is an executable process
extension. I will thus add the text above in 14.3:

"For XPath 1.0, when the message part is described by a Schema element
definition, the qualified element name provides the first location step in
the XPath expression (after the '/'  representing the root of the
fragment.) When the part is described by a Schema complex type definition,
the first location step in the XPath expression contains the (unqualified)
name of the message part. This is equivalent to the assumption that the
document fragment corresponding to the message part has a top element with
the same local name as the part name and a null namespace URI."

Issue 7
=====

I have updated the pseudo-grammar in Section 6.2 to include import element
:

<process name="ncname" targetNamespace="uri"
        queryLanguage="anyURI"?
        expressionLanguage="anyURI"?
        suppressJoinFailure="yes|no"?
        enableInstanceCompensation="yes|no"?
        abstractProcess="yes|no"?
        xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2003/03/business-process/";>

<import namespace=”uri” location=”uri” importType=”uri”/>*

I have also updated the Schema. As for the textual explanation, I think it
fits better as a subsection in Section 6. I have thus also added a new
subsection, "6.4 Document Linking", right before "6.5 The Lifecycle of a
Business Process" and after "6.3 Language Extensibility"), with the
following text:

"A BPEL4WS process definition relies on XML Schema and WSDL 1.1 for the
definition of  data types and service interfaces. Process definitions also
rely on other constructs such as partner link types, message properties and
property aliases (defined later in this specification) which are defined
within WSDL 1.1 documents using the WSDL 1.1 language extensibility
feature.

The <import> element is used within a BPEL4WS process to explicitly
indicate a dependency on external XML Schema or WSDL definitions. Any
number of <import> elements may appear as children of the <process>
element, before any other children element. Each <import> element contains
three mandatory attributes

·     namespace. The namespace attribute specifies the URI namespace of the
imported definitions.
·     location. The location attribute contains a URI indicating the
location of a document that contains relevant definitions in the namespace
specified. The imported document MUST contain definitions belonging to the
same namespace as indicated by the namespace attribute.
·     importType. The importType attribute identifies the type of document
being imported by providing the URI of the encoding language. The value
MUST be set to http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema when importing an XML
Schema 1.0 documents, and to http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/ when
importing WSDL 1.1 documents.

The presence of an <import> element should be interpreted as a hint to the
BPEL4WS processor. In particular, processors are not required to retrieve
the imported document from the location specified on the <import> element."

Please, let me know if you have any comments.

Paco