Subject: RE: [wsbpel-spec-edit] [Fwd: Re: a follow-up on BPEL XML Schema file placement]

Ah, I was thinking of the changes in the doc, not in the .XSD files.  Best would be to keep the XSD files in the doc, make changes there, and then copy into the external .XSD files.  That way we get both consistency and change tracking.  What do you think?

________________________________

From: Alex Yiu [mailto:alex.yiu@oracle.com]
Sent: Thu 3/25/2004 9:18 PM
To: Satish Thatte
Cc: Francisco Curbera; wsbpel-spec-edit@lists.oasis-open.org; Alex Yiu

Hi, Satish and Paco,

Satish,  ... just to clarify ...
Do you mean that we would prefer storing those XSD files as Word documents?
Or, do we want to leverage CVS to manage version tracking of XSD text files?
(Based on the phone conversation with Paco, I got the impression of the
later).

If we use MS Word, then I would like to suggest that editors should save
the Word document as text file and run it with some XML-Schema tool
(e.g. I use XMLSpy personally) to verify whether XSD is well-formed and
validated, before the file is uploaded to CVS.

After retrospection, I should have uploaded the invalid version of XSD
files into CVS first for tracking purposes and then upload corrected
version of XSD files later. Sorry for not considering that option first.
I can redo my checkin that way, if people prefer.

Thanks! :-)

Regards,
Alex Yiu