Subject: Re: Fw: [wsbpel-spec-edit] [Fwd: Re: [wsbpel] Issue 24 - separateschemata for abstract and executable processes]

Hi, Diane and others,

Sure ...  Hopefully, these suggested changes will remind TC members of directions of Issue 24 resolution ...

I shall forward this suggested changes to the full TC list by the end of today, if I don't hear any opposition from editing subgroup.

Thanks.

Regards,
Alex Yiu

Diane Jordan wrote:

Hi,
Alex, this sounds like good progress - thanks to all who participated.
As I recall the resolution to issue 24 was approved by the TC, but there were several folks interested in seeing the details of the resolution as well - when you feel this is complete enough, please forward to the full TC for review.  I don't think we should have to revote it, but should give everyone a chance to see it and bring up any questions or comments.
Thanks.
Regards, Diane
IBM  Dynamic e-business Technologies
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123

----- Forwarded by Diane Jordan/Raleigh/IBM on 05/10/2004 02:04 PM -----
Alex Yiu <alex.yiu@oracle.com>

05/07/2004 03:34 PM

Alex Yiu <alex.yiu@oracle.com>
cc
wsbpel-spec-edit@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject
Re: [wsbpel-spec-edit] [Fwd: Re: [wsbpel] Issue 24 - separate schemata for abstract and executable processes]

Hi, all editor subgroup members,

We had a conf call with Phil (from Unisys), John and Satish, Nick and me on some general abstract BPEL discussion (Thursday - May 06).

I got an action item to make the changes to schema and spec to reflect Issue 24 resolution, i.e., separate the schemas under two namespaces.
Here are my suggested changes of phrase-1:

(1) create two namespace URI:

"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/03/business-process/" for executable BPEL
"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/03/business-process/abstract" for abstract BPEL

(2) remove abstractProcess="yes|no"attribute in the process definition
Using the namespace and/or prefixes to denote whether this is an abstract or executable process. E.g.:
<bpws:process xmlns:bpws=
"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/03/business-process/">
<bpwsa:process xmlns:bpwsa=
"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/03/business-process/abstract">

(3) Going through the spec apply the above changes in (2). E.g. (i) adding namespace URIs to Section 2.  (ii) remove abstractProcess attribute reference in Section 6.2, Section 16 and other examples.

(4) create a XSD file "wsbpel_abstract.xsd", which is just a temporary place holder to point to the new namespace as the targetNamespace and which defines an element which extends from the executable tProcess type. Please note that this schema extension extension is a just temporarily arrangement. We shall work on details of separating the schemas in phrase-2 after we vote on Issue 107, 99 and etc.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Regards,
Alex Yiu

Alex Yiu wrote:

Hi,

Forwarding to the editing group email list to move the actual discussion there ...
Thanks!

Regards,
Alex Yiu

Re: [wsbpel] Issue 24 - separate schemata for abstract and executable processes