Subject: RE: [wsbpel-spec-edit] Issue 33: proposed change to the specification

Title: Message
Satish,
Thanks for the feedback. sorry for the late reply I've been  in a f2f this week and no mail access during days.  Will try to come up with some new wording tomorrow. of course,  please let me know if you have wording in mind.

in the mean time, please do not let this hold other editing work. the pen is yours for now.  after you are done, I will checkin another version for the new wording

Best Regards,
Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Satish Thatte [mailto:satisht@microsoft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 09:06 AM
To: Liu, Kevin; bpel spec

I am concerned that the wording implies that the normal expectation is that a message will be received after the corresponding receive activity is waiting for it, unless there is some sort of overload problem.  The specification makes no such statement.  For instance it is perfectly reasonable to receive a series of messages in a while loop where all the messages have the same correlation as in Alex's example for the correlation initiation issue.  Clearly, the messages will arrive independent of the iterations of the loop.  But the fact that the correlation is already initiated should enable the runtime engine and messaging platform to recognize that these messages are correlated to the process instance.  In this case the iteration may loop too few or too many times relative to the number of messages received, and that is a protocol error that the specification cannot do anything about.