Subject: FW: Small Error in section 11.3 of May 2003 and April 2004 specification

-----Original Message-----
From: andrew.francis@mail.mcgill.ca
[mailto:andrew.francis@mail.mcgill.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 9:00 AM
To: Satish Thatte
Subject: Small Error in section 11.3 of May 2003 and April 2004
specification

Hello Satish:

I believe there is a small error in the last example of
section 11.3 of the May 2003 and April 2004 specification:

<invoke partnerLink="Seller" portType="SP:Purchasing"
        operation="SyncPurchase"
        inputVariable="sendPO"
        outputVariable="getResponse">
     <compensationHandler>
        <invoke partnerLink="Seller" portType="SP:Purchasing"
             operation="CancelPurchase"
            inputVariable="getResponse"
            outputVariable="getConfirmation">
     </compensationHandler>
</invoke>

The end tag for the second invoke is missing (I don't
believe invoke is allowed to be an empty element). So
I believe what you really want is:

<invoke partnerLink="Seller" portType="SP:Purchasing"
        operation="SyncPurchase"
        inputVariable="sendPO"
        outputVariable="getResponse">
     <compensationHandler>
        <invoke partnerLink="Seller" portType="SP:Purchasing"
             operation="CancelPurchase"
            inputVariable="getResponse"
            outputVariable="getConfirmation">
        <!-- andrew added extra ending invoke tag ->
        </invoke>
     </compensationHandler>
</invoke>

Comment on catchAll:

I notice that the catchAll element is defined multiple
times in the BPEL4WS XSD. Why isn't catchAll defined
once with a tCatchAll element?

Cheers,
Andrew