Subject: RE: [wsbpel-spec-edit] Summary of today's editors' call

Yes I think that is a great idea — always flag schema changes to Alex.

Prasad, I think you meant that you updated the schema in the Word spec not in the .XSD file that is independent.  Is that right?

My proposal would be that only Alex updates the .XSD separate schema file.

From: Prasad Yendluri [mailto:pyendluri@webmethods.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 4:20 PM
To: Alex Yiu; Satish Thatte
Cc: bpel spec

Alex,

Yes, they are in the main XSD file only. I be happy to verify them after  you are done. Thanks.

In general, I can also apply them. I also use XMLSpy regularly for other things in my work. I am reasonably good with schema :) It would be easier if we control this to be in a single hand but, it could get to be a bottleneck as we get to crunch time.

Do we want to start letting Alex know each time there are schema changes as we make our edits? Perhaps having some established process in place on this would be good.

Regards, Prasad

Alex Yiu wrote:

No problem.

Prasad ... you changes only happen in the BPEL main XSD file, right?
No changes in the one for parterLink and msg properties, right?

After I am done with my changes, I will send a before-and-after copy of XSD file to you. Could you please verify whether I have included all of your changes at that point? Then, I will check the changes into the CVS. OK?

Just a reminder again ... XSD files outside the MS-Word doc (source controlled by CVS) would be our master copies. So, it would be easier for us to apply XSD tool (e.g. XMLSpy) to verify the correctness of XSD design. Whenever we need to publish the spec to the TC, we would copy the XSD file back to MS-Word Doc.

Thanks!!

Regards,
Alex Yiu

Satish Thatte wrote:

Alex has been maintaining the separate schema for us.  Alex, could you merge Prasad’s changes in with yours please?