Subject: Re: Fw: [wsbpel-spec-edit] Done with changes mentioned in the last editorsconf call

I'd like to see us get to where everytime the TC approves a draft, it is refreshed with no change marks, so that the next time there is an update for review and approval, the only mark ups will be the delta from the last approved draft.
Does this make sense?
(And as I noted before, I seem to recall there were issues with this approach in one of the TC meetings, but I can't remember what they were.)
Regards, Diane
IBM  Emerging Internet Software Standards
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123, Fax 845-491-5709

Prasad Yendluri <pyendluri@webmethods.com>

09/02/2004 06:03 PM

Satish Thatte <satisht@microsoft.com>
cc
bpel spec <wsbpel-spec-edit@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
Re: Fw: [wsbpel-spec-edit] Done with changes mentioned in the last editors conf call

Satish Thatte wrote:

Sorry to be so off the cuff about this.  What I had in mind was the following:

A.        We follow our usual tracking process most of the time with changes shown using word tracking.
B.        Every once in a while we decide that enough changes have accumulated and decide to make a clean copy.  This is a revision number by itself that just takes a spec (say version 1.35) and checks in the same spec with all changes accepted (as version 1.36), stating in the row for 1.36 that this was a clean copy revision.  Which means the content was unchanged from 1.35.
C.        For each revision we have a new column that shows the clean copy revision that it started from.  Thus 1.37, 1.38 and 1.39 might all show 1.36 as the origin clean copy.

Is that better?

Yes, thanks.