Subject: RE: [wsbpel-spec-edit] Summary of my commit

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Yaron Y. Goland [mailto:ygoland@bea.com]
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2004 5:25 PM
To: Satish Thatte
Cc: Assaf Arkin; Alex Yiu; bpel spec

I agree and have removed the changes.

To make matters even more interesting it turns out that I had another
screw up besides putting in the 8.x changes. When I read issue 137 in
the issue list I read the resolution  "proposed and agreed at f-t-f, 22
Sept 2004" as meaning that there had never been a written resolution to
the issue. So I checked the meeting minutes and just made up text that
seemed consistent with my understanding of what was agreed to.

But my assumption that there was no actual resolution was just plain
wrong. There was a written proposal
<http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wsbpel/200409/msg00144.html> and I

have an obligation to implement it.

Therefore I have done two things:

#1 - I have removed all of my changes related to issue 137, specifically

the alterations to section 8.x. I will send out a separate proposal to
the editors list for changes I would like to make that we can then
discuss.

#2 - I have edited in the text passed in the issue 137 resolution.

I am now done with the pen and passing it to Alex.

	Yaron

Satish Thatte wrote:
> Separately, Yaron, completely rewriting the existing text of 8.1
without
> running it by the rest of us was a bad idea.  We are not in the phase
of
> rewriting the spec.  I would like us to have a discipline of making
only the
> really necessary changes and additions in this phase so that we don't
have to go
> back and check every new usage every editor introduces.  For instance
we have
> never used the word "programmer" in the spec before and I am very
uncomfortable
> with its use given the tendency to equate WS-BPEL to a programming
language.
> This is not the sort of innovation we should make without
consultation.