Subject: RE: [wsbpel-spec-edit] Proposed text for issue 170 (RESEND)

Prasad,

There are many faults that can be generated at all levels - by the many
protocols that get into play when messages are exchanged. I don't think we
want BPEL to deal with all these, but instead to focus on application level
messages. This is of course why BPEL builds on the port type of the
service, not the binding details. So I am for continuing our glorious
tradition of leaving binding gorp to the infrastructure.

The only question this discussion raises in my mind is whether we should
have a runtime fault to represent at the process level all errors
associated with remote access - something like the RMI RemoteException. But
again, I am more and more skeptical of the convenience of exposing
infrastructure errors at the process level. Workflow engines do not usually
assume that the process with deal with these; often they are handled by
dedicated engine modules or even through manual intervention.

Paco

|         |           Prasad Yendluri  |
|         |           <pyendluri@webmet|
|         |           hods.com>        |
|         |           01/14/2005 06:14 |
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |       To:       Satish Thatte <satisht@microsoft.com>, Francisco Curbera/Watson/IBM@IBMUS                                           |
  |       cc:       "Liu, Kevin" <kevin.liu@sap.com>, "Kartha, Neelakantan" <N_Kartha@stercomm.com>,                                    |
  |        wsbpel-spec-edit@lists.oasis-open.org                                                                                        |
  |       Subject:  RE: [wsbpel-spec-edit] Proposed text for issue 170 (RESEND)                                                         |

Something seems to have gone wrong with my previous send on this.. Trying
again.
Apologies if you get this twice..

Prasad