Subject: Re: [wsbpel-spec-edit] bugzilla for OASIS and BPEL ?

Hi Diane,

Yes, your assumption is correct. It is more for minor editing bugs. I guess we don't want to overload Peter with every single tiny editing bug. :-) At the same time, I don't want our editing work items got lost.

If OASIS does not want to do any official business outside their website, then we may want to officially request OASIS to investigate the possibility of setting up bugzilla and hosted at an oasis-open.org web site.

I guess it is not too early to ask OASIS people about that. Because, if they are willing to setup a bugzilla website at OASIS, I guess it will take weeks or months for things to come together.

Thanks!

Regards,
Alex YIu

Diane Jordan wrote:

I don't know enough about how bugzilla works - there was talk early on of using it for issues, but Peter volunteered to do the list thankfully and it never came up again.  I assume you are thinking here of more of the editing bugs that may be found once content has stabilized?

OASIS doesn't like any official business to be done outside their web site, so anything we use needs to be able to be duplicated back to the official TC web page (as we do with the spec and the issues list) - would this work for bugzilla?

Regards, Diane
IBM  Emerging Internet Software Standards
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123, Fax 845-491-5709

Alex Yiu <alex.yiu@ORACLE.COM>

05/09/2005 05:07 PM

Diane Jordan/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
cc
wsbpel-spec-edit@lists.oasis-open.org, Alex Yiu <alex.yiu@ORACLE.COM>
Subject
[wsbpel-spec-edit] bugzilla for OASIS and BPEL ?

Hi Diane and others,

I have learned that W3C is using bugzilla to track some of specs bugs.
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/query.cgi

I believe setting up something similar to bugzilla for OASIS TC would be
quite handy, especially when we are ready to do formal spec draft review
... (a number of months down the line ... ?)

Or, we should try to setup and utilize the related feature in
sourceforge.net instead?
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=128956&atid=712812
Please note: our sourceforge project has not setup related metadata yet.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Alex Yiu