Subject: RE: [wsbpel-spec-edit] spec restructuring effort

Hi Alex,

Yeah, not a big issue at all. My suggestion would be to remove the last phrase from the 5.2 section w.r.t. exit, as that one is the most likely to change if anything ever changes at all relating to exit.

The <exit> activity can be used to immediately terminate the behavior of a business process instance within which the <exit> activity is performed. All currently running activities MUST be terminated as soon as possible without any termination handling, fault handling, or compensation behavior.

The <exit> activity can be used to immediately terminate the behavior of a business process instance within which the <exit> activity is performed.

If you agree, I can do it in my next edit. It is fine if you don't.

Rgds,

From: Alex Yiu [mailto:alex.yiu@oracle.com]
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 12:51 PM
To: Alexandre Alves
Cc: wsbpel-spec-edit@lists.oasis-open.org; Alex Yiu

Alexandre,

Thank you for catching the <targets><sources> order problem.

For section 5.2, I have been thinking what would be a good approach to do spec text in that section for a while.

We are supposed to give a short introduction of each activity in section 5.2. But when the actual description of an activitiy is so short, then the description in 5.2 and 10 are virtually the same. <exit> is one of examples. Yes, I am open to trim the description of those simple activities in section 5.2 further. Or, we can enrich some description in section 10.

Anyhow, I don't have a strong preference here.

Thanks!

Regards,
Alex Yiu

Alexandre Alves wrote:

Hi,

I just finished reviewing Alex's changes. The spec is indeed much more readable, thanks Alex!

Just a few comments:

We seem to duplicate the (verbatim) definition of the exit activity in 5.2. and 10.10. It seems that 5.2. generally has an initial explanation of some construct and section 10 follows up with the exact definition. For the exit activity, we have the same text in both places. Maybe we should just not mention exit at all in 5.2 (like we don't do for rethrow), or if we do mention, just keep the first phrase instead of the complete definition to avoid future synchronization problems between both texts.

Rgds,

alex