Subject: preparing for public review

I thought this snippet from Jamie Clark on the chairs email list might be of special iterest to this group:

... We also changed our rules last year to increase the technical
requirements associated with specs -- things such as compliance with
templates and the provision of final prints for review in some specified
file formats -- see, for example,
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#2.18.   Frankly, the
number of submissions that came in 'ready for review' without meeting those
requirements increased.  In which case some amount of feedback and
correction must occur.  (While most of these form requirements in the rules
technically apply to all committee specs at any level, as a practical
matter the staff often only sees and filters them for the first time when
they're proposed for public review.)  It's my guess that the degree of
delay caused by noncompliance will decrease with time.
    However, none of that takes away from the need for predictable
turn-around time.  In the case of public review submissions that is posting
or rejection within 5 business days of receipt to the address
[tc-admin@oasis-open.org]. ...

Maybe one of us could take on the role of compliance checker just to make sure we've kept up with the requirements they changed - any volunteers?

Regards, Diane
IBM  Emerging Internet Software Standards
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123, Fax 845-491-5709