Subject: Re: [wsbpel-spec-edit] compensation handling issue resolutions (207,207.1, 216, 217, 226, 229)

Title: RE: [wsbpel-spec-edit] compensation handling issue resolutions (207, 207.1, 216, 217, 226, 229)

Yes, I got the pen.
Hopefully, I can pass the pen back to Danny by the end of Thursday.

Thanks!

Regards,
Alex Yiu

Danny van der Rijn wrote:
According to my notes, Alex is next up to confirm XSD changes, then me.

Danny

Dieter Koenig1 wrote:

Hi Diane, I applied the compensation handling issue resolutions (207,
207.1, 216, 217, 226, 229), and checked-in version 1.110.

Please pass the pen to the next spec editor (sorry, I don't remember who is
next).

Notes to the spec-editing team:

(0) When I tried to check in the new version, I made a couple of CVS user
errors. Hopefully nothing is damaged - I will make sure this does not
happen the next time. Just in case, I attached the new version of the spec
to this note -- also attached the two new pictures (not yet checked in).

(1) Issue resolution 217 (new activity "compensateScope") did not provide
specific spec text - I therefore changed text in many places where we just
had "compensate" in the past. At the start of 12.3.3 ("Invoking a
Compensation Handler"), I also moved a few paragraphs up/down in order to
fit with the generic introduction and the specific sections for each
compensate activity ("compensateScope" and "compensate").

(2) I slightly modified the heading structure under 12.3.3 ("Invoking a
Compensation Handler") because compensation of scopes nested in event
handlers was under "Compensation for Scopes in Repeatable Constructs". This
was followed by "Compensation within Handlers" which does not consider
event handlers. The result is a compromise between Alex' and my earlier
proposals:
  12.3.3. Invoking a Compensation Handler
    12.3.3.1. Compensation of a Specific Scope
    12.3.3.1. Default Compensation Behavior
  12.3.4. Compensation within Repeatable Constructs or Handlers
    12.3.4.1. Compensation Handler Instance Groups
    12.3.4.2. Compensation within Repeatable Constructs
    12.3.4.3. Compensation within Fault Handlers
    12.3.4.4. Compensation within Compensation Handlers
    12.3.4.5. Compensation within Termination Handlers

(See attached file: 1.110 - wsbpel-specification-draft.doc)(See attached
file: compensation-within-handlers.ppt)(See attached file:
compensation-within-fault-handler.jpg)(See attached file:
compensation-within-compensation-handler.jpg)

Kind Regards
DK