Subject: RE: [wsbpel-spec-edit] Action items edits

My recollection was that we opened this during the Stuttgart F2F, but
checking the dates obviously my recollection is wrong. Diane's explanation
rings a bell, but I think there was more to that.
In either case, I'd like to talk to Dieter about this (who's gone for the
week) - so why don't we just leave this until Monday ?

Cheers
/Simon
Simon Daniel Moser, M.Eng.
Business Process Solutions Development 1
IBM Boeblingen Laboratory
Schoenaicherstr. 220, 01/086
D - 71032 Boeblingen
Tel.: +49 - 7031 - 164304
IP Telephone Number (ITN): 39204304
email: smoser@de.ibm.com

Rule of thumb #3459835478: when you find yourself typing/copying the same
thing more than twice in a row, redesign or re-implement. No excuse
possible.

             Diane Jordan
             <drj@us.ibm.com>
             05/22/2006 10:00          "Mehta, Vinkesh \(US - Austin\)"
             PM                        <vmehta@DELOITTE.com>
                                                                        cc
                                       Ronald.Ten-Hove@Sun.COM, Simon D
                                       Moser/Germany/IBM@IBMDE, Thomas
                                       Schulze/Germany/IBM@IBMDE,
                                       wsbpel-spec-edit@lists.oasis-open.o
                                       rg
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [wsbpel-spec-edit] Action items
                                       edits

My recollection is that we were changing from (ab)normal to (un) successful
and opened this issue to make sure that we caught all instances.

Regards, Diane
IBM  Emerging Internet Software Standards
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123, Fax 845-491-5709

 "Mehta, Vinkesh \(US -
 Austin\)"
 <vmehta@DELOITTE.com>
                                 "Simon D Moser" <SMOSER@de.ibm.com>
 05/22/2006 01:01 PM                                                    cc
                                 <Ronald.Ten-Hove@Sun.COM>, "Thomas
                                 Schulze" <ThomasSchulze@de.ibm.com>,
                                 <wsbpel-spec-edit@lists.oasis-open.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                 RE: [wsbpel-spec-edit] Action items edits

Simon,

Action item 86
"In the specification, we use successful/unsuccessful AND normal/abnormal
for the completion of activities. We should (also in the spirit of issue
259) use successful. We may want to revisit the forEach
"successfulBranchesOnly" (issue 259) if it turns out that we prefer
"normal" "

I re-read the action item again and now I am little confused. The way I
understand the action item calls to change from (ab)normal->(un)successful
for activity completion. So I searched for the text 'normal'.  This did not
yield any relevant hits(there is something about process completion but not
activity). And there is no word 'abnormal' in the whole spec.

Did I misunderstand the action item, are we suggesting going from
(un)successful->(ab)normal? In that case there are many places to fix.

Thanks,
-Vinky

I haven't scanned the latest spec yet, but in case no one has addressed
this I can't see why 86 shouldn't be valid anymore ? Can you tell me why
you think so ?

Cheers
/Simon
Simon Daniel Moser, M.Eng.
Business Process Solutions Development 1
IBM Boeblingen Laboratory
Schoenaicherstr. 220, 01/086
D - 71032 Boeblingen
Tel.: +49 - 7031 - 164304
IP Telephone Number (ITN): 39204304
email: smoser@de.ibm.com

Rule of thumb #3459835478: when you find yourself typing/copying the same
thing more than twice in a row, redesign or re-implement. No excuse
possible.

            "Mehta, Vinkesh
            \(US - Austin\)"
            <vmehta@DELOITTE.                                          To
            com>                      <wsbpel-spec-edit@lists.oasis-open.
                                      org>
            05/22/2006 03:28                                           cc
            PM                        Thomas Schulze/Germany/IBM@IBMDE,
                                      <Ronald.Ten-Hove@Sun.COM>
                                                                  Subject
                                      RE: [wsbpel-spec-edit] Action items
                                      edits

While I was working on the Action items I noticed the following:

Action item 113 - Thomas, For this the Schema also needs fixing, so could
you please assign this to Alex.

Action item 88 - Ron Ten Hove, I think this does not seem valid anymore

Action item 86 - Simon, I think this is not valid anymore

Thanks,
-Vinky

Completed Action Items
85,89,90,94,96,98,101,102,103,104,105,107,112,114,115,116,117,118,121,123
and checked into cvs ( version 01.155). Looks like a long list but they
were mostly straightforward.

For book keeping I would like the following action item owners to close
these action items
     Monica - 85
     Prasad - 89
     Danny - 90,98,101,102,103,104,105,115,116,117 (101-105 are
     duplicates)
     Mike Marin - 94 ( was already done)
     Alex - 96
     Diane - 107
     Thomas - 112,114,118,123

Diane, I can keep the pen for another day and complete a few more action
items (I believe we have not scheduled the next person yet).

thanks,
-Vinky