Subject: RE: [wsbpel-spec-edit] Mike has the pen

Diane,

I completed action item 62 (as stated in the action item). With respect to the style and comparing the specification with the template, there are a lot of differences with respect to section placements. This is what I will do for the moment:

1- Add the headers and footers as in the OASIS template. The current document does not have any header or footer.

2- Place a page break before each main section.

I will hold off on the sections placement, until I hear if you want me to follow the section placement as in the OASIS template. For example section F Notices will go before the table of contents.

--
Regards,
Mike Marin

From: Diane Jordan [mailto:drj@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2006 6:23 AM
To: wsbpel-spec-edit@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wsbpel-spec-edit] Mike has the pen

Thanks Mike.  Please note the additional comment from Mary that's not included in action item 62 -
Apparently the Word file has lost its styles (page breaks, running footers, etc.) Check out the word templates at docs.oasis-open.org/templates/ ... I think you have the right bits, but the actual style information seems to have been lost? Let me know if you help and I'll see what I can do.
If the OASIS template doesn't provide enough information, let me know and we can get back to her for specifics on what they want.

After the call on Wed, we'll have to incorporate the xsd and then circulate to the committee for approval of the candiate for public review.
Regards, Diane
IBM  Emerging Internet Software Standards
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123, Fax 845-491-5709

----- Forwarded by Diane Jordan/Raleigh/IBM on 08/14/2006 09:19 AM -----

"Marin, Mike" <MMarin@filenet.com>

08/11/2006 07:15 PM

Diane Jordan/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, <wsbpel-spec-edit@lists.oasis-open.org>

cc

Subject

RE: [wsbpel-spec-edit] remaining spec editing work - pen is idle

I can take the pen, and do action item 62, starting on Monday afternoon. I can have the pen for two days until Wednesday afternoon. I should be able to complete action item 62 and update the member list.

--
Regards,
Mike Marin

[wsbpel-spec-edit] remaining spec editing work - pen is idle

Hi

The pen is idle - any volunteers?   Other than the xsd and member list to finish and incorporate, I think we're close to done.  I sent the last CD to Mary at OASIS to have her review it and her comments are below (also see action item 62 - only open one now!).

Regards, Diane
IBM  Emerging Internet Software Standards
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123, Fax 845-491-5709

----- Forwarded by Diane Jordan/Raleigh/IBM on 08/11/2006 04:01 PM -----

"Mary McRae" <marypmcrae@gmail.com>

08/11/2006 03:55 PM

Please respond to
<mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>

Diane Jordan/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS

cc

Subject

RE: BPEL almost ready for public review

Hi Diane,

Apparently the Word file has lost its styles (page breaks, running footers, etc.) Check out the word templates at docs.oasis-open.org/templates/ ... I think you have the right bits, but the actual style information seems to have been lost? Let me know if you help and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks Mary - here is the doc file that we're editing:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=19482&wg_abbrev=wsbpel
I'll put you on the agenda for this coming meeting.

Regards, Diane
IBM  Emerging Internet Software Standards
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123, Fax 845-491-5709

"Mary McRae" <marypmcrae@gmail.com>

08/11/2006 01:37 PM

Please respond to
<mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>

Diane Jordan/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS

cc

Subject

RE: BPEL almost ready for public review

Hi Diane,

Thanks for asking :-) Let's do a couple of things.

1. location: let's use a persistent URI such as
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/v2.0/
When it's ready, you upload it to Kavi and send me the link, and I'll upload to docs.oasis-open.org

2. Status: Please use the template boilerplate text as follows:

This document was last revised or approved by the WS-BPEL TC on the above date. The level of approval is also listed above. Check the current location noted above for possible later revisions of this document. This document is updated periodically on no particular schedule.

Technical Committee members should send comments on this specification to the Technical Committee’s email list. Others should send comments to the Technical Committee by using the “Send A Comment” button on the Technical Committee’s web page at www.oasis-open.org/committees/wsbpel.

For information on whether any patents have been disclosed that may be essential to implementing this specification, and any offers of patent licensing terms, please refer to the Intellectual Property Rights section of the Technical Committee web page ( www.oasis-open.org/committees/wsbpel/ipr.php.)

The non-normative errata page for this specification is located at www.oasis-open.org/committees/wsbpel.

3. Update the Notices section to match the template boilerplate:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/OASIS_Specification_Template_v2-0_Legacy.html -- Notices section

4. Remove section G (this is covered in the Status section)

Is the TC authoring the spec in HTML? If not, I'll need that version as well. I can't check the running footers in the HTML version.

I should be able to make the meeting on the 16th; I don't think there's any changes in the process that would impact BPEL going forward. The biggest change is around new charter intake and specs will be required to be submitted in XHTML (rather than HTML). Jamie should be getting the new version uploaded in the next few days.

Regards,

Mary