Subject: Re: URIs for RDDLs, WSDLs, Schemas, etc

Hi Robin,
(cc'ing Prasad and wsbpel-spec-editing list)

Thanks for your email.

Robin wrote:

>a) Directory URI: http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/process/abstract/
>b) NS URI: http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/process/abstract
>
>The current default server behavior is to issue a redirect from "b)" to "a)" when a user (agent) requests the resource at "b)".  This default handling makes it impossible to produce a (raw, Apache-generated) directory listing for the contents of the "abstract" directory because dereferencing the NS URI needs to produce the associated RDDL namespace document. Given our existing limitations, there's no way to get Apache to list the directory contents, because the URI is overloaded.

Not being able to produce a (raw, Apache-generated) directory listing is
fine to me. We don't need a raw directory listen, if we got a XHTML+RDDL
document already. That document is a better way to explain the content
of that directory.

Let me re-iterate my viewpoint so far by lookin into Mary's WS-RX example:

schema location =
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrm/200510/wsrm-1.1-schema-200510.xsd
targetNamespace =
"http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrm/200510";

When people try to use a brower (user-agent) to access
"http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrm/200510"; or
"http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrm/200510/";
it will be redirected to the landing page with RDDL:
"http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrm/200510/wsrm-1.1-rddl-cd-02.html";

The above pattern fits our need also in general.

If the pattern is feasible for WS-RX, it should work for us also.

We just need SIX landing-page (XHTML+RDDL) with the following location:

One for the top level:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0

Five for 5 XSD:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/process/abstract