Subject: Regarding the new XHTML requirement...

According to the revised OASIS TC Process we need to deliver an XHTML version of the spec.   Word 2003 and Word 2007 can be used to produce HTML but not XHTML.

To create the XHTML, save the doc as filtered HTML.   Then run the W3C Tidy tool against the file using the XHTML output option:

tidy -file errors.txt -asxhtml -o wsbpel-public-review.htm wsbpel-specification-draft-Aug17-2006.htm

You can get tidy here: http://tidy.sourceforge.net/.  A GUI for Tidy is available at http://users.rcn.com/creitzel/tidy/tidyui.zip

I ran a quick test against the 8/17 draft and received some warnings regarding the anchor names used in the spec (XHTML requires anchor names to be a solid string with no spaces – many of our anchor names include spaces).   We also have some characters (like a paren) that are not allowed in anchor names.   This causes us to fail the validation as transitional XHTML.

John