Subject: Re: Issue R21 and etc

Hi Monica,

See below ...

Monica J. Martin wrote:

>> Alex Yiu wrote: Hi, all,
>>
>> A updated draft of spec document is attached in this email. (I still
>> need to update Appendix H for R3 and I have not committed the changes
>> to the CVS yet)
>>
>> I have applied Issue R16, R1, R21.
>

> Alex, R21 was approved in Wednesday's call.  In addition, I believe we
> noted there are two parts of this: Declaring variable references to
> the associated scope and the resolution of those references to the
> associated scope and not the ancestor. I see these as different.  If
> we wish to break SA0086 into two parts, I don't know how one static
> analysis requirement for two conditions differentiates that. I see
> them as different requirements and different static analysis
> requirements.
> Thanks.

To me, it is a "six vs half-a-dozen" situation. Just one version of
editing requires more text editing. :-) ... I would respect the issue
approval procedure and your preference.

I was a bit lazy to read up details of proposal last Wednesday. Next
time, I would drill down into details more next time. :-)

Thanks!

Regards,
Alex Yiu