Subject: Fw: [chairs] pre-Public Review call with TC, Editors

fyi (not that I expect we'll be needing this again.)
Regards, Diane
IBM  Emerging Internet Software Standards
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123, Fax 845-491-5709

----- Forwarded by Diane Jordan/Raleigh/IBM on 04/02/2007 12:52 PM -----
"Mary McRae" <mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>

04/02/2007 12:38 PM
Please respond to
<mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>

<chairs@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
<tc-editors@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
[chairs] pre-Public Review call with TC, Editors

On a few occasions, Chairs have requested that I attend a TC conference call to explain the process from Public Review
submission through OASIS Standard announcement. I would like to make all chairs aware that I am more than happy to do
this. There have been a few changes to the Process that recently went into effect that impact the documents themselves
as well as the submission process and timeline. All I ask for is sufficient notice to ensure that I don't have any
scheduling conflicts. Additionally, as you or your editors are preparing your specification documents, I'm more than
happy to review with them the requirements for template conformance, naming and metadata rules, namespaces, and any
other questions/concerns they may have. This tends to eliminate much of the frustration that is usually experienced - on
my part as well as that of the editors - when I reject a submission for non-conformance.

A new list has been created specifically for editors; you can subscribe by sending a message to:
tc-editors-subscribe@lists.oasis-open.org. This is a read-only list; the purpose will be to provide notices of updates
to the templates, new tools, tips, and other hopefully useful information to those responsible for creation and
maintenance of TC specifications and associated documents.

For those attending the Symposium, there will be a new tutorial (Sunday afternoon) for editors as well as the usual
chairs session. I strongly encourage everyone to attend; materials will be made available online.

Regards,

Mary

Mary P McRae
Manager of TC Administration, OASIS
email: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org
web: www.oasis-open.org
phone: 603.232.9090

OASIS Symposium:
"eBusiness and Open Standards:
Understanding the Facts, Fiction, and Future"
15-18 April 2007 San Diego, CA USA
http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium/