wsbpel-uc message

Subject: From Use Case sub-group - Linking of Issues and Requirements back to use cases

From: Fletcher, Tony [mailto:Tony.Fletcher@choreology.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 18 June 2003 8:33 PM
To: Jeff Mischkinsky; Yaron Y. Goland; Dieter Roller; Furniss, Peter
Cc: Diane Jordan; wsbpel-uc@lists.oasis-open.org; John Evdemon; Ben
Bloch; Harvey Reed; George Brown; Rajesh Manglani; sazi@bea.com;
sallystamand@yahoo.com; Husband, Yin-Leng
Subject: From Use Case sub-group - Linking of Issues and Requirements
back to use cases

Dear Jeff - and others on the WSBPEL Requirements and Issues sub-groups,

Firstly, this message probably has not gone to all the members of the
Requirements and Issues sub-groups - Jeff could you pass on if
necessary.

Secondly - for information - a Use case sub-group mailing list has now
been set up.  Members of the Use case sub-group should receive this mail
twice, once directly and once via this new list.  If it works we can
just use the list in future for mails to the Use case sub-group.

The WSBPEL Use case sub-group had its first Telecon yesterday under the
chairmanship of John (Evdemon).  I had an action to write this mail to
the Issues and Requirements sub-groups.

I made the point that Use cases may well (/should) give rise to one, or
more, issues and / or requirements (where we understand that an issue is
a potential 'problem' that has been raised that the TC has not yet
resolved whether to tackle and if so how to tackle - resolved issues
will include this determination, whereas a requirement, when agreed, is
something the TC has agreed needs to be addressed somehow in the
specification.

Likewise, each issue and requirement should be supported by one, or
more, use cases.

We therefore see a need for linking use cases to issues and
requirements, and vice versa.  We hope you will agree with this.

You should receive other messages from the use case group on the
procedures we currently intend to use.  We would like to correlate these
with your procedures, particularly so we can work out the cross linking
at the appropriate juncture.

Best Regards     Tony
A M Fletcher

Cohesions 1.0 (TM)

Business transaction management software for application coordination

Choreology Ltd., 13 Austin Friars, London EC2N 2JX     UK
Tel: +44 (0) 20 76701787   Fax: +44 (0) 20 7670 1785  Mobile: +44 (0)
7801 948219
tony.fletcher@choreology.com     (Home: amfletcher@iee.org)