wsbpel-uc message

Subject: Use Case Template

Hi all-
My intent to put my thoughts re the revised template was interrupted by the blackout. Fortunately I was not in NYC on Thurs; so I missed the opportunity to sleep in Bryant Park which would hve been my choice over Grand Central. But we did lose power; it came back on Fri.

I agree with Harvey's point "for every abstract use case there is one or more executable use cases" . Because we are working with "ideas" the choice of words is important to insure that we are all on the same page.

I was OK with using usage sceario for high level use cases. As we move into specifics using the term use cases is probably necessary to get a broad understanding of what we need and are trying to do. My way of describing this is illustrated in the attachment DegreesOfUseCases.

I have revised the template; see the attachment. I agree with Harvey we need to relate use cases to its business process; and I also think we should indicate what aspect of the spec we hope to focus on with the particular use case.

I am also on the BCM TC. At a con call today David Webber said there was a template for collecting use cases being developed by the UN/CEFACT TMG. He forwarded it to me along with several commentaries from different people. I will forward this material to the group later today or tomorrow. Instead of thinking of it as innundation, I prefer to think of it as sharing the wealth. I have not had the time to read it.

I will read it and see if it helps sharpens the focus on what we are trying to do.
Sally

DegreesOfUseCases.doc

UC_Template-1.2.doc