wsbpel-uc message

Subject: RE: [wsbpel-uc] Use Case Template

(proposed doc attached for ref, no change since yesterday)

Sally,

I agree with you that we should try to reuse as much as possible. So far, we have the following levels in the use-cases, as described in the proposed, attached doc:

  1. The business eco-system: This is for reference, so we can tell a story. It is non-normative, and just sticks to creating a world with actors, ownership, public/private relations, business flows, etc, such as Monica has elaborated, and made a great case for. We need this level to make the actual use-cases readable.
  2. The abstract use-cases: Tied to a (single?) business flow, and thus, the actors, we have an opportunity to specify an abstract BPEL that orchestrates services (actors). We need a template for this. Sally, you have a template in mind I think.
  3. The executable use-cases: Perhaps several, tied to a single abstract use-case. Here the private aspects of orchestration can be expressed. We also need a template for this, and it will probably be related, but different from the template we use for abstract use-cases.

Thus we need two(2) templates for use-cases. One for abstract, one for executable use-cases. Sally, in the proposed attached doc, I took the template as you earlier put forth, and blended in aspects from Simpl-eb, and then tried to make two(2) templates. They are not perfect, and still need a lot of work done on them. Would you have the time and available energy to be able to review the two(2) templates and comment/critique what we need for abstract and executable use-cases? Your experiences working with other groups that are tackling these same problems will be invaluable!

Sally, I’m also looking forward to the work you are collecting from the BMC TC J

Thanks,

++harvey