wsbpel-uc message

Subject: Re: [wsbpel-uc] FollowUp on F2F

John Evdemon wrote:

>On Thursday, September 25, 2003 7:40 AM, Monica Martin wrote:
>

>>mm1: I would be inclined to agree with Sally and expressed this when I
>>suggested we focus on actual real-world use cases within and across
>>enterprises.
>>

>We did not state that supply chain was a use case.  We agreed that
>supply chain is a usage scenario that can be broken down into several
>use cases.
>
>Simpl-eb can be used re-used to assemble larger use cases - I was trying
>to avoid "boiling the ocean" by taking on too difficult a scenario.
>Since Simpl-eb represents the lowest common denominator for e-biz, imho
>it makes sense to start here and build up to more complex scenarios.
>Simpl-eb includes an order process which is a rather simplified
>representation of a real-world use case.  The work done on Simple-eb can
>also be aggregated into larger/more complex efforts.  Again, my goal was
>to start with something simple rather than diving into a more complex
>use case (no sense in modeling the complex processes if we can't even
>handle the simple ones!).
>
>I think the difficulties we've encountered while establishing common
>semantics and a use case cataloging process are further evidence that we
>need to start with something simple and work our way up to more complex
>processes.
>
>I'm not sure I understand your concerns - can you expand upon your

mm1: I think that the focus, such as the example that Sid provided, is a
good place to start and will give us some grounding to develop other use
cases.
Perhaps simple-eb could be considered the lowest common denominator is
simple-eb for eBusiness - whether or not it is that for the marketplace
in total is another matter.  Thanks.