Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Information for the Oasis open WS BPEL Technical Committee

Diane

When was the decision taken to hold to the first face-2-face May 28/29?  Would it not be a little more reasonable for the dates for the first face-2-face to an open agenda item for the first meeting?  I personally can not make the dates you have proposed and feel it would be a little more “reasonable” for this to be balloted by the attending members…

Darran Rolls                      http://www.waveset.com

Waveset Technologies Inc          drolls@waveset.com

From: Diane Jordan [mailto:drj@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2003 12:11 PM
To: wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org

Welcome to the WS BPEL Technical committee!   We look forward to your participation.  Information on the planned conference calls and the face to face meeting is below.   For your review,  a copy of the final version of the BPEL4WS V1.1 specification which the authors plan to submit at the first meeting on May 16 is attached (please note that this version will not be active on the authors' websites until May 12).

Upcoming calls/meetings:
Friday May 16, 7 AM - 10 AM Pacific time:  first meeting of the TC will be held via conference call.   An agenda will be provided shortly before the call.   Dial in information for the call is as follows:
US Toll Free: 888-711-4576
Toll: +1-484-630-9377
Passcode:  WS BPEL Technical Committee
Leader name: Diane Jordan
You will need to provide both the pass code and the leader name to get entry to the call.  Because the membership of the TC is so large, the call will be moderated by a call manager who will take attendance and manage the lines to reduce background  noise (this will include listen only times and a speaker queue for discussion periods).

May 28-29:  The first face to face meeting is scheduled at the IBM Learning Center located in Armonk, NY approximately 30 miles north of NYC.  Information on the facility is located here:  http://www.ibmlearningcenter.com/
The meetings will start at 9am and close at 5pm each day.

PLEASE RESPOND to Diane as soon as possible to confirm whether you will attend, and whether you plan to stay at the Learning Center or if you prefer to use alternate hotels (there are many in the area).  Attendees who stay at the Learning Center for the TC meeting will be offered a rate of $199 which includes all meals.   I need to contract with the Learning center to hold an appropriate number of rooms by early next week so your quick response will be appreciated.  I will provide instructions next week for making reservations at the learning center to those of you who indicate you wish to stay there.

May 21, June 4 and June 11, 8AM - 11AM Pacific time:  This is a proposed initial schedule for weekly conference calls which we may want to revise as we get going.  Times for future calls will be varied based on time zones of the membership.   Dial in information is the same as for May 16:
US Toll Free: 888-711-4576
Toll: +1-484-630-9377
Passcode:  WS BPEL Technical Committee
Leader name: Diane Jordan
The same access and call management process will be used.

WS BPEL Technical committee co-chairs:    Diane Jordan  and John Evdemon