Subject: Re: Note on OASIS procedure and draft for Friday (attached).

David,
Thanks for your input.   We'll have the agenda for friday's call out later today.
Regards, Diane
IBM  Dynamic e-business Technologies
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123

David RR Webber - XML ebusiness <Gnosis_@compuserve.com>

05/14/2003 01:22 PM

        To:        Diane Jordan/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
        cc:        "BPEL TC" <wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org>, "Steven Forgey" <SForgey@SeeBeyond.com>, "John Evdemon" <jevdemon@microsoft.com>

Diane,

Exactly my point!!!   I'm NOT trying to discuss the document, I'm trying
to point out there is a giant first step we need to take BEFORE we
get to the document.  We probably won't get to the document for
several weeks yet IMHO - till we figure out exactly what the
scope and goals are first.  (aka we need to understand what kind
of an aircraft are we building?)

Ironically - we are starting out with a finished product tabled.  So
first of all we need to discover what it is we agree to do - then we
can look to see how the technical down-in-the-weeds stuff in
that submission actually stacks up, where the short falls are,
what OASIS already has that needs to be referenced, how the
architecture relates, and so on.

OASIS has a procedure for this - I'd presumed that Karl had
already sent you one of these - but I've attached a Word Doc with
a draft of this as a rough cut - I've modified the boilerplate text I had
with a lot of guesses as to what might make sense here, based off
the links and feedback folks threw at me.  I've probably not got this
right!

I also guessed at the implementation timeline details.  Not seen
anything here on what the plan might be.

I'm sure you and John can fine-tune this for us.

Looking forward to seeing your thoughts on this for Friday.

Thanks, DW.
Message text written by Diane Jordan
>In deference to the Oasis process, we need to ask that discussions of the
specification not start before the first meeting of the technical
committee (May 16).  <

#### BPELKickoffMeeting20030516.doc has been removed from this note on May 14, 2003 by Diane Jordan