Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Topics for the "Review input from TC members" session of the F2FSome

We really, really need to get this sorted out!

So far this week I've heard:

BPEL is:

1) A misnomer - its not business facing its just PEL.

2) Needs to solve B2B by providing 'properties' to track
     state of long running dialogues

3) A web service.

4) Should really be a visual design language

5) Is a virtual Java state machine

Will the real BPEL please stand up?

Maybe we should rename it VSEL - Variety Show Execution Language.

Thanks, DW.
Message text written by "Satish Thatte"
> B2B business
protocols (e.g. RosettaNet PIPs) have historically tried to build
reliability into the application protocol because they couldn't count on
anything else to provide reliability, but we should take advantage of
the opportunity in the web services space to solve the reliability
problem separately and therefore more generally for all web services to
use, not just BPEL processes.

Satish<