Subject: Link semantics in event handlers

Hi, According to 13.5.4.2 Message Events, BPEL 1.1 allows one event handler activity to run concurrently. This happens when multiple event messages of a type are received in short invervals. Suppose there is an event handler that is a <flow> containing activities A, B, and C where C has synchronization dependencies on A and B. A--->C<---B Suppose this <flow> is started twice in a short interval and run concurrently. Let's denote the two executions as "thread-1" and "thread-2". Further suppose A completes in thread-1 and B completes in thread-2. Can C be started then, in both thread-1 and thread-2? Or should C in thread-x wait until both A and B are completed in thread-x? (I think this more natural.) Anyway, concurrency will complicate the semantics and implementation pretty much. Allowing concurrency for the price of complicacy may make sense in some situaions but may not in others. My basic preference is to simplicity, but I'm not sure yet for this specific case. Do you think the concurrency essential? Sincerely, Yuzo Fujishima NEC Corporation